Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Phone: 619-858-3105 x 133
Although life can be very difficult at times, it can be a much more enjoyable and rewarding journey when you understand and develop the skills necessary to build healthy relationships, overcome personal challenges, and learn how to navigate life transitions.
It takes courage to face your roadblocks and remove them from your path. I can help by providing empathic, compassionate and non-judgmental guidance as you seek to recover from past hurts and find hope in your present circumstance. You will gain new strength as you develop Godly principles to restore your life and relationships.
I have more than 20 years combined experience counseling women of all ages and backgrounds from a biblical perspective, both in church leadership and professional settings. I have also worked with couples to help them communicate more effectively and develop relationships that are loving and respectful. In addition, I was employed as a Parent Liaison at Rady Childre'?s Hospital, working closely with families devastated by childhood cancer. During my 10 years on staff there, I walked closely with families throughout the continuum of care, helping them to understand and cope more effectively with the emotional turmoil created in the wake of a diagnosis of cancer. I have experienced this heartbreak firsthand, my own son was diagnosed at the young age of three.
My Christian faith has been a nearly 30 year journey. I have served in numerous capacities at several churches and have been the key note speaker at many women's events and retreats, however my greatest accomplishment thus far is a 26 year marriage and three thriving adult children. It has not always been easy, however counseling has been a valuable tool in helping us to guide our marriage and family in a Godly manner when we experienced challenges along the way.
Areas of Expertise
- Grief Counseling - provide support for life threatening illness from diagnosis to long-term follow-up care, including palliative and end of life when necessary
- Marital Counseling - effective communication, love and respect, fiscal responsibility, conflict resolution, effective parenting, overcoming infidelity
- Pre-Marital Counseling - God's desire for your marriage, intimacy & sexuality, embracing your differences, expectations, conflict resolution, families of origin
- Adolescent Counseling - concerns include runaways,homeless youth, domestic violence, substance abuse, anger management, school issues and family disturbances
- Individual Counseling - navigating life transitions
- MA in Counseling Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy,
National University, San Diego, CA
- BA in Business Administration with an emphasis in Information Systems,
National University, San Diego, CA
- South Bay Community Services - Therapist Intern at Casa Nuestra, a short-term safe home for adolescents.
- Domestic Violence Shelter - Adolescent support group leader
- Rady Children's Hospital - Hemotology/Oncology, Parent Liaison, Psychosocial team member & cancer care parent support group leader
- San Diego Hospice - Bereavement Counseling Training
Education and Training
- Spirituality-Rady Children's Hospital
- Helping Families Navigate the Most Difficult Journey of Their Lives-Reginal Conference on Pediatric Oncology Nursing
- Understanding Personalities: How They Affect a Family in Crisis-Rady Children's Hospital
- Joy in the Midst of Pain: This is a testimony from my experience with cancer presented-at numerous churches and women's retreats in California.
- “Been There, Done That, But Don't Remember it!” - Strategies to reinforce education throughout the healthcare experience.-Florida Association of Child Life Professionals, Inc
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, #LMFT87965
- American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)