Diana E. Sjostrom
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Phone: 619-858-3105 x 128
I have 32 years experience in private practice treating people struggling with depression, anxiety and stress related illnesses. I also have been counseling couples, families and pre-marital relationships. I am a certified Bioenergetic Analyst. I understand how the body is the outer-expression of the unconscious and how this can be related to health and relationship issues in marriage.
I work with individuals and couples to find resolution to unresolved emotional and thinking conflicts. I apply the Christian understanding of marriage to give a strong spiritual dimension to healing and conflict resolution. My goal is to help people learn to be authentic genuine members of the "Body of Christ". I am also an adjunct Professor of Psychology at Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, California
Education and Training
- MA in Psychology, USIU, San Diego, Calif.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, USIU, San Diego, Calif.
- Certified Bioenergetic Analyst, Southern California Bioenergetic Society
- Workshops with Ben Shapiro, Victoria, Canada
- Training with Fritz Perls, Victor Frankl, Rollo May, Virginia Satir, Carl Rogers, Everett Shostrom, and Abraham Maslow
- Training with Alexander and Leslie Lowen, New York
- Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis
- Founder of the San Diego Bioenergetic Society
- Marriage Workshops at Whispering Winds Christian Center
- Guest speaker for Association of Christian Therapists
- Personal Growth Workshops at Whispering Winds Christian Center
- Guest speaker at San Diego State University, Grossmont Community College and Mesa Community College
- Founder of Actualizing Assessment Services
- Psychotherapist and Lecturer for the Institute of Therapeutic Psychology in Santa Ana, CA.
- Presenter on marriage assessment at San Diego APA conventions
- Guest speaker at various churches and Christian retreats
License and Membership
- Licensed as a Marriage, Family Therapist in California. MFT#8864
- Member of the Association of Christian Therapists
- Member of the International Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis