Eleane L. Young
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Phone: 619-858-3105 x 153
Eleane Young is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) who has been offering services in the field since 2008. Eleane works with children, adults, couples, and families. She sees her profession as a ministry and integrates her training with the spiritual dimensions of people’s lives.
Eleane employs an eclectic approach to treatment planning for clients with depression, trauma, anxiety, self-esteem, and anger management problems by providing life skills, parenting skills, and tools to address family issues, women’s issues, and domestic violence issues.
Additionally, she is a Certified Addictions Treatment Counselor (CATC), Certified Anger Management Specialist II, and clinical trainer in cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing (MI), and family systems interventions.
In 2010, Eleane joined the ranks at University of Phoenix and is an active Faculty member, Faculty Mentor, Classroom Performance Reviewer, Faculty Advisor, and a Field Experience Site Team liaison to enhance relationships between student volunteers and partner organizations.
Eleane served Mental Health Systems for seven years as a therapist, Program Manager, and corporate trainer on Cultural Awareness. As a public speaker Eleane conducts seminars and workshops on topics such as:
Connection between the mind, body and spirit to healthy balance
Education and Training:
- M.S. Marriage and Family Therapy, University of Phoenix
- B.A. Business Administration, National University
- Certified Addictions Treatment Counselor (CATC) CAADE
- Certified Anger Management Specialist II
- Member California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- American Association of Marriage & Family Therapists AAMFT Clinical Fellow (AAMFT)
- National Anger Management Association (NAMA)
- California Association for Alcohol/Drug Educators (CAADE)