Associate Marriage and
Phone: 619-858-3105 x 129
Most humans struggle with shame, emotional upset, disharmony, disappointment, grief and loss. And many suffer quietly, for the truth is perceived as too awful to utter aloud. My therapeutic approach is holistic: seeing clients as intricate and multifaceted individuals. I seek to provide holding space for my clients, the space in which it is safe to explore previously hidden aspects of self.
Employing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) techniques and mindfulness tools, I aim for dialectics in session between a client’s desire for behavioral change and the emotionally corrective experience of radical acceptance. I believe that through acceptance, many issues may be better resolved as they are brought into the light of awareness. It is my job to provide a safe space for my clients, to meet them with unconditional positive regard, and to walk with each of them on their paths to healing and a sense of meaning and wholeness in their lives. I would feel deeply honored to work with you.
"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong’" (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10 ESV).
“Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there” (The Essential Rumi, translated by Coleman Barks).
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy/Licensed Clinical Counseling Dual Specialization – National University
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, California State University, San Marcos
- California Associate of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Registered Marriage and Family Therapist Intern, IMF #90087
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Registered Professional Clinical Counselor Intern, PCCI #2555
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Anxiety & Depression & Emotional Management
- Bereavement Counseling: Grief & Loss
- Hospice Counseling
- Spiritual Psychology
- Chronic Pain
- Compassion Fatigue
- Addiction & Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders & Distorted Eating
- Self-Destructive Coping Mechanisms & Shame
- Severe Persistent Mental Illness and Dual Diagnoses
- Individual Counseling
- Facilitating Groups
- Youth Counseling
- Supervised by Donald Welch, Ph.D., LMFT #MFC 50129